Customer Service Representative
- You’ll be the first point of support for our personal banking customers in one of our telephony banking teams
- We’ll look to you to deliver excellent service to our customers, keeping their needs and financial goals in mind at all times
- You’ll be educating customers in the different ways they can do their banking and supporting them in choosing the options that work best for them
- We’ll start you on a competitive salary of £10.66 per hour (pro rata for hours worked)
What you’ll do
In this role you’ll be applying your customer service expertise when dealing with and referring customer queries. Whether it’s carrying out day-to-day banking transactions like paying bills, or helping our customers identify products and services that are right for them; you’ll be on the other end of the phone to take their calls.
As a Customer Service Representative, we’ll count on you to let our customers know their options when banking with us, so they can make informed choices.
You’ll be helping our customers by:
- Making a positive impact on every customer call, efficiently and effectively having the right conversations to meet their needs
- Problem solving and building excellent relationships over the telephone, and providing a friendly, timely and professional service
- Building real connections with them and being dedicated to finding the rights solution to meet their needs
- Improving processes and procedures to maximise customer satisfaction and efficiency
- Maintaining a detailed knowledge of financial products and services to help resolve complex customer queries
- The skills you’ll need
- This is a customer led role, so previous experience working in a customer service role is ideal. Telephony experience is an advantage, but not essential.
- Dedication and passion for helping customers is vital. You’ll be a real people person, with excellent listening and communication skills.
- We’re also looking for you to demonstrate:
- The determination to go the extra mile for our customers every day to provide that truly personal service
- The ability to achieve quality results while maintaining high levels of detail
- Strong keyboard skills and the ability to multitask, allowing you to navigate different systems and process information while talking to customers
- Good organisational skills and an enthusiasm to keep learning and developing new skills
What else you’ll need to know
We’re here for our customers, whatever the time of day or night, so you’ll need to be flexible and commit to working a rotating work pattern.
Your hours of work will be between the hours of 7am and 9pm Monday to Sunday on a rotational shift pattern. You must be fully flexible and able to commit to the full range of hours.
Any hours worked outside 8am to 9am / 8pm – 9pm will also attract an additional shift premium payment
Bank Holiday working is a feature of this role.
We’ll discuss your hours in more detail with you during your interview stage.
You’ll enjoy a comprehensive training programme, and on-going coaching and support to enhance your development.
You’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.