On behalf of our client a local manufacturing company, we are looking for a Mechanical Assembler to join the team. This is a full time permanent position working 40 hours per week.
The electro-mechanical assembler reports to the Team Leader. The role requires assembly of mechanical products using a variety of hand and power tools, some of which are calibrated. Various materials are used in the products such as plastics, metal (raw & painted) and electrical. Some testing and packing of products will be required. The job is an active role requiring a significant amount of time on foot and some (but less) time at a computer work station.
• Successful completion of mandatory training.
• Compliance with Health & Safety & Environmental procedures.
• Accurate assembly of components according to a method sheet.
• Achievement of the standard time for the shop order assembly operation.
• Maintenance of fixtures and tooling.
• Accurate completion of the shop order paperwork regarding the assembly operation
• Flexibility to assemble multiple products in multiple work centers
• Assemble, test and pack products in accordance with the Device History Record (DHR) and assembly method
• Ensure all components and tools used are fit for purpose and comply with any procedures
• Establish and maintain good housekeeping using 6S techniques
• Record assembly times accurately using the shop floor data capture system
• Assist the picking team in the transfer of jigs and picking dollies to reduce downtime
Other duties required;
• Participate in Continuous Improvement activities
• Support the Team Leader in the achievement of SQCDE KPI targets
• Communicating with internal customers
• Will undertake any reasonable request as required by business needs.
• Cover for other functions if trained to do so
Qualifications / Skills:
• Good command of English Language (Essential)
• Good command of Written English (Essential)
• Manufacturing environment/factory work experience (Desirable)
• Medical Manufacturing & Assembly experience (Desirable)
• Computer skills (Essential)
• Ability to work independently (Essential)
• physically fit and able to be on your feet for long time periods (Essential)
• Experience in a role requiring high attention to detail (Essential)
If you are interested in the position please apply or send a CV directly to us at The Recruitment Services Partnership