Our client a well known local manufacturing company are looking for repair operatives to join their busy repair team. Ideally you will have previous repair experience with electrical items such as mobile phones, laptops etc although this is not a requirement for the right candidate as full training will be given. Fine hand skills experience and a technical mind will be advantageous.
This is a full time permanent position, working hours Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week between 8am – 5.30pm.
- Quality inspection checks throughout the repair process.
- Administrative duties relating to the repair process
- Carry out stage(s) of the repair process within required time limits
- Following of standard operating procedures as defined in repair manuals and method sheets
- Completion of repairs in line with method sheets and/or repair manuals including product assembly, refurbishment, disassembly, repair and testing processes
- Executing repairs in a safe manner in accordance with the risk assessment
- Achieving customer satisfaction by working to a minimum productivity requirement and in line with quality objectives
- Responsible for the quality of the repair including inspection checks throughout the repair process.
- Problem solving/fault finding to rectify defects correctly
- Using service management, computer based service management and administration systems to record all relevant information for the repairs including the process times
- Use of tooling and test equipment defined for the repair process
- Engagement in continuous improvement activities
- Previous experience in a technical role or fine hand skills gained through other means which support the application
- Ability to read and understand detailed technical instructions
- A good level of literacy, with an ability to be able to read and write clearly and concisely
- Good PC skills, including the use of email, and data entry
- Previous technical experience would be advantageous, but not a necessity
- Knowledge of how to carry out tasks such as soldering (beneficial)
- Ability to work independently and in an organised manner
If you are interested in the role please apply or contact us directly at TRSP on 01702 619944 for more information.